Strengthening and regenerating the Forest Road corridor.
The proposals for the Fulbourne Road ‘Patchworks’ site adopt a masterplan view; looking to promote a holistic approach to place-making along the Forest Road corridor.
The proposals seeks to integrate a new high-density residential-led mixed use development into a changing context but with an
established and engaged local community.
Nature and landscape take a leading role within the scheme, with the ‘Patchworks’ site striving to knit together existing natural assets across the area while enhancing the site’s immediate context. By providing new homes and an exciting public realm, it will be a place of vibrance and colour, that builds on the rich culture and sense of community within Walthamstow.
Construction of a residential-led mixed use development comprising buildings of between flexible commercial units, associated car parking spaces and bicycle stores, refuse and public cycle spaces, hard and soft landscaping including a new central space, greenspaces, new pedestrian links, biodiversity enhancement, associated highways infrastructure, plant, and other associated ancillary development.
– Housing led-mixed use development to provide 590 new homes including affordable and family homes
– Flexible commercial floorspace offering start-up, makers and culture units; and community opportunities
– Car-lite development with highways contributions towards improved public transport upgrades
– Provision of landscaped public open space throughout the development, including in two linear parks and a pocket park
– Biodiversity enhancements, green/brown roofs, sustainable urban drainage and the ‘greening’ of Forest Road
– New access routes for pedestrians and cyclists through the development
– Local infrastructure contributions towards LBWF’s identified needs.