The site is located to the west of Moscow within the Moscow City Region on the Rublyovo-Uspenskoye Shosse Highway.
The 200 ha site borders the existing village of Razdory and is surrounded by countryside with a substantial tract of mature woodland to the north-east and the Moscow River running past its northern edge. A small stream runs through the centre and out into the river.
The site has a number of constraints: development is limited close to the river; a series of underground gas pipes run cross the northern and eastern parts of the site; and existing power lines run along the south-western and south-eastern borders.
– A seven day charrette in Moscow with the client and a multi-disciplinary team developed a Vision for the site.
– A masterplan for a mixed-use settlement that maximises the potential of the site while minimising the impact of its constraints by promoting the landscape setting on the banks of the Moscow River.
– A design that integrates the two halves of the site by creating a central focal point, in the form of a central landscaped park.
– Neighbourhoods with high, medium, and low densities that radiate out from the central park, with higher densities at the centre.
– 1,000 homes in a variety of house types including apartment buildings, villa blocks, townhouses, detached houses, villas and large cottages.
– A mix of uses including a country club, sports and leisure facilities, retail and commercial space, private and public open space, a kindergarten and a secondary school.