We believe that our success is wholly due to the effort and creative ability of the talented people who work at JTP.
Most recently we were named the Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work For 2020, BD's Best Architect Employer of the Year Award 2019; included in the Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work For 2018 and achieved Three Star 'Extraordinary' accreditation; awarded Building's Architectural Practice of the Year 2017, and shortlisted for the AJ100 Employer of the Year Award three times in four years.
We place great importance on making our studios stimulating and enjoyable places to work, and have instigated a range of initiatives to encourage social interaction, innovation and learning including:
- Our new studio at Pennington Street Warehouse has been designed to respond to the way we work – creative, collaborative, and project based
enabling major operational change in our working practices to provide
greater flexibility; improved communication and knowledge sharing
- With no fixed desks, design teams are clustered around project zones with creative pin-up bays close by to share ideas
- There is quiet space with intimate meeting rooms, secluded seating
within the nooks and brick arches providing alternative workspaces –
to work together, to work quietly, to think, to draw, to write, to read
- Our studio comprises three, distinct open plan levels enabling visual connectivity and communication around a 14m high central atrium
- At the heart of the studio we have created ‘The Hub’ - the place for gathering, eating, drinking, meeting, presenting, celebrating
- Projects carried out in small, multi-disciplinary teams to allow individuals greater involvement, design input and responsibility, as well as the opportunity to work collaboratively with highly experienced or specialised colleagues
- With a wide ranging speaker program, our popular Monday lunchtime ‘Soundbites’ sessions offer a stimulating forum where staff can learn and debate on a range of subjects over a hot lunch
We have a busy social calendar with lots going on in and out of the studios bringing people together for fun, fund-raising and learning including:
- Our annual office study trip with recent destinations including Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Berlin!
- Summer BBQ cooked up by our Managing Partner!
- Friday drinks held in our studios
- Monthly bake-offs in aid of charity
- JTP sponsored fundraising runs and cycling events
- Football, softball and netball teams
- 'Collaborative Pacemaking', our weekly running club
- Weekly yoga sessions
- A legendary Christmas party
We believe in sharing our success with those who contribute to it and have put in place a generous benefits package to reward our employees including:
- 28 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays totalling 36 days' annual leave
- Performance related bonus payments for all employees
- 5% contributory pension
- Private Medical Insurance including 50% off gym membership
- Fully subsided worldwide travel insurance for employees and family
- Death in Service & Permanent Health Insurance
- 6 months' full pay for maternity & 2 weeks' full pay for paternity
- Interest free Housing Support Loans to help people get their foot on the property ladder
- % profit allocated to charitable causes
- £500 per person dedicated training budget
- Part 3 support of £3,200 fees, 10 days' study leave, Professional Training group and mentoring
- Bursary scheme supporting talented Part 1s through their Part 2
- Individual Personal Development Plans for every employee
Please click here to view a full pdf of our Employee Benefits brochure.