We believe that our success is wholly due to the effort and creative ability of the talented people who work at JTP.
In 2017 alone we were named Building Awards' Architectural Practice of the Year, awarded Three Star ‘Outstanding’ accreditation in Best Companies, secured a Top 5 place in the Building Good Employer Guide for the second year in a row, and shortlisted for the AJ Practice of the Year and Business Breakthrough of the Year Awards.
We place great importance on making our studios stimulating and enjoyable places to work, and instigate a range of initiatives to encourage social interaction, innovation and learning including:
- Open plan studios encouraging creative team working, communication and knowledge sharing, with break out areas for quiet thinking
- Projects carried out in small, multi-disciplinary teams to allow individuals greater involvement, design input and responsibility, as well as the opportunity to work collaboratively with highly experienced or specialised colleagues
- With a wide ranging speaker program, our popular Monday lunchtime ‘Soundbites’ sessions offer a stimulating forum where staff can learn and debate on a range of subjects over a hot lunch
We have a busy social calendar with lots going on in and out of the studios bringing people together for fun, fund-raising and learning including:
- Our annual office study trip with recent destinations including Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Lisbon and London!
- Summer BBQ cooked up by our Managing Partner!
- Friday drinks held in reception
- Sugar fixes and bake-offs in aid of charity
- JTP sponsored fund-raising runs and cycling events
- Football, softball and netball teams
- Weekly yoga sessions
- A legendary Christmas party
We believe in sharing our success with those who contribute to it and have put in place a generous benefits package to reward our employees including:
- 28 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays totalling 36 days' annual leave
- Performance related bonus payments for all employees
- 4% contributory pension rising to 5% in 2017
- Private Medical Insurance including 50% of gym membership
- Fully subsided worldwide travel insurance for employees and family
- Death in Service & Permanent Health Insurance
- 6 months' full pay for maternity & 2 weeks' full pay for paternity
- Interest free Housing Support Loans to help people get their foot on the property ladder
- % profit allocated to charitable causes
- £500 per person dedicated training budget
- Part 3 support of £2,000 fees, 10 days' study leave, Professional Training group and mentoring
- Bursary scheme supporting talented Part 1s through their Part 2
- Individual Personal Development Plans for every employee
Please click here to view a full pdf of our Employee Benefits brochure.