Completing the Brentford Community Stadium masterplan
Focussed around the site of the Brentford FC Community Stadium, Capital Court consists of three residential buildings between 9 and 14 storeys and provides 253 new homes. Contributing to the Brentford Community Stadium masterplan, Capital Court will form part of the wider site and masterplan aspirations to deliver a sustainable and long-term future for Brentford Football Club.
The vision for the area seeks to maximise the active frontage on Capital Interchange Way and create a sequence of well-connected yet distinct spaces that will assist in the wayfinding for matchday supporters, allowing visitors to get to and from the stadium easily. The proposed buildings and each residential area will have a defined character and spirit.
Accessibility to the neighbourhood will be further enhanced through the transformation of the site with new connections, increased commercial and retail space at street level and high-quality public realm that provides a welcoming, legible landscape for all residents and visitors.
With considered use of colour, brickwork and distribution of openings, the massing of the residential buildings have been designed to identify with the strong lines of the adjacent stadium to maintain a cohesive appearance and connect the buildings together into a single architectural composition.
The off-site manufactured construction process uses brick faced insulated concrete sandwich panels, which delivers significant benefits compared to traditional construction techniques. It has reduced the construction period on site by nearly 30%, leading to less inconvenience for surrounding residents and businesses including the adjacent Kew House School.
As well as creating a brand new stadium for our supporters and an attractive environment for visitors and local residents, this project will create jobs, desperately-needed homes and opportunities for local businesses.
Cliff Crown, Chairman of Brentford Football Club
– 253 new homes including a mix of studio, 1, 2 and 3 bedroom properties, maximising the number of apartments with views over the River Thames.
– Private balconies, podium and rooftop gardens provide private amenity space for the residents with communal terraces, ornamental planting and play provision.
– Focus on green infrastructure including an enhanced pedestrian and cycle environment that physically and visually connects the neighbourhood to the surrounding area and existing green space.
– Play facilities, barbecue and seating areas, open lawn areas and planting are provided to create a setting for the residential buildings and to provide a range of spaces of differing sizes and scales, for passive and active recreation by residents.
– Improvements to the biodiversity and ecology of the site, by providing a range of plant species, including areas of native shrub planting integrated with tree planting, densely planted podium landscapes, and green roofs on buildings where feasible.
– Flexible office and commercial space on the ground floor to allow for an active street frontage.