During April 2018, the local community was invited to see the latest proposals for Fairoaks Garden Village. The exhibitions were an opportunity to view the latest proposals, talk with members of the team and give comments. Exhibition boards can be downloaded here.
Tuesday 17 April 2018, 5-9pm
Church of St Lawrence, High Street, Chobham GU24 8AA
Saturday 21 April 2018, 11am-5pm
Woking Shopping Centre, Commercial Way, Woking GU21 6GH
Monday 23 April 2018, 12-6pm
Christ Church, Guildford Road, Ottershaw, Chertsey KT16 0PB
Tuesday 24 April 2018, 12-2pm
Heather Farm, Woking GU21 4XY
Wednesday 25 April 2018, 5-9pm
Chobham Cricket Club, 56a High St, Chobham GU24 8AA
Fairoaks Garden Village Ltd (FGV) is planning an exemplar garden village community, together with business units, on land currently used as Fairoaks Airport.
Fairoaks Garden Village will provide a range of high quality housing, new business space and community facilities, and provide a significant area of recreational green space known as SANG (Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace).
Last year the FGV team held a community planning weekend to create a vision for Fairoaks Garden Village. Since then, the team has been assessing comments received on the vision, undertaking further technical studies and developing the proposals in consultation with key stakeholders.
A well-connected, enterprising 21st century village community that will: protect and create over 1,400 jobs across a variety of employment types; provide a wide range of homes to suit different needs and incomes; offer the opportunity for local governance; and deliver a new primary school and innovative healthcare services; all set within a rich green landscape. Revised proposal includes:
- A new Southern link will enable access through the village from North to South.
- Additional employment space will increase the number of jobs at Fairoaks to over 1,400.
- The number of homes has been reduced from 1,500 to 1,000.
- The density of development has been reduced and the amount of open space increased to over 54 acres.
- There will be 5.6 miles (9Km) of tracks, trails and footpaths through the village to increase access for riders, cyclists and pedestrians connecting to the wider network.
- SANG land covering over 137 acres will be created for the local communities.
For more information please visit fairoaksgardenvillage.co.uk, email email@example.com or call Freephone 0800 0126 730.